It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:16 am

option to disable speech

Here you can write suggestions for the team: Josh (comedy relief, Chief Creative Officer), Paul (executioner) and the guys over at N-Fusion
  • Author

RR7

option to disable speech

PostTue May 01, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi,

i'd like to request an *option* to disable larry and NPC speech.

i'm certain i'm in the minority, perhaps because i'm not american, but i was not a fan of hearing larry's voice, i prefer reading the text boxes in my inner monologue ;)

perhaps even seperate options, so NPC voiceovers can remain, but not larry's.

please....and thankyou!

robbo007

Re: option to disable speech

PostWed May 02, 2012 2:35 am

I second that! Disable voice option please.

rogerxy

PostWed May 02, 2012 2:39 am

3rd that! Good suggestion

DurkaDurka

PostWed May 02, 2012 12:15 pm

I have to provide a hearty Fourth on that.

I just reviewed for purposes of voting on 'looks of larry ' in that Survey section the videos on:
http://www.allowe.com/Larry/

I had to go back to review to vote on that as I had not recalled all the games I had played.. I'm old.

Anyway when I got to Larry Love for Sail I had a recall cringe as soon as I heard the voice they used for Larry there. I had forgotton how bad it was.

I found that voice ruined Larry for me. So YES allow a total disable of Larrys voice especially if you use something as bad as that one was.
Great option.
I also found the art for Larry in that last one not my favorite at all> I preferred the prevert Larry from 5 or 6 over the more cartoonish one in 7 however it appears I"m a minority.

Options is good. Thumbs up.

RR7

PostSat May 12, 2012 4:32 pm

cool, i thought i'd get buried for that :)

yeah i preferred the larry 5/6 look than the cartoon larry also.

thing is, i havent played larry 7 beyond giving it a quick try, not sure i even got out of the burning room as i dont remember anything after that, but i do remember disliking the voice.

blackmoor

PostMon May 21, 2012 8:35 am

Another suggestion: Give fans/backers option to translate the game for every imaginable language. Just like for example 5 days a stranger has been translated by fanbase for many languages.

This could be done with beta testing. Just mail the text to the backers and they we would translate it to our native language. This would save costs and maybe give each translator change to BE in the game development :) I volunteer for Finnish translation!

secondOption

PostWed May 30, 2012 2:24 pm

Agreed, but only for Larry's voice.. Larry's Mickey mouse-like voice just didn't sound right for me

Tue

PostWed May 30, 2012 5:14 pm

blackmoor wrote:Another suggestion: Give fans/backers option to translate the game for every imaginable language. Just like for example 5 days a stranger has been translated by fanbase for many languages.

This could be done with beta testing. Just mail the text to the backers and they we would translate it to our native language. This would save costs and maybe give each translator change to BE in the game development :) I volunteer for Finnish translation!

Just one issue with that from my point of view - fans translating things can in alot of cases go horribly wrong if / when they miss the jokes thats meant to be there.
I´m not weird, I´m just Danish!

I and I

PostSun Jun 03, 2012 5:19 am

blackmoor wrote:Another suggestion: Give fans/backers option to translate the game for every imaginable language. Just like for example 5 days a stranger has been translated by fanbase for many languages.

why? I think only English has it's charms... I remember playing the old games and learning English while doing so :p

Josh_Mandel

Site Admin

PostSun Jun 03, 2012 10:49 am

I'll definitely discuss a text-only option with the team. It might not be difficult, as I think we've already agreed to a "closed-captioning" option.

The "anyone can translate!" option might be tougher, but I'll float it as well.

Josh
Next

Return to Suggestions and questions for the team