It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:46 pm

Q&A on Reddit

Here's a place where we can discuss how to help make Larry come again!!
  • Author

seifd

Q&A on Reddit

PostMon Apr 09, 2012 11:48 am

Doing a Q&A session on the Ask Me Anything sub-reddit of Reddit.com might be a good idea. They might ask you questions about other things, but you'll at least get a chance to plug your project. I know that other game developers and development teams have done this too, and it's gone pretty well.

e1ven

Re: Q&A on Reddit

PostMon Apr 09, 2012 5:18 pm

+1 on this.
It would only take an afternoon, and would really drive engagement.

Here was Tim's preannouncement- http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/q ... march_4th/

Here is his actual AMA. http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/related/qh ... _anything/

Reddit is a very large community of exactly the people you're targetting. 30-somethings who grew up with these games.
If you're not familiar, it's very much like a forum, with threaded messages.

I'm sure anyone here on your forum could help advise you of specifics of reddit if you need, but you really ought to consider this.
--
Colin "E1ven" Davis

mtp85

PostMon Apr 09, 2012 9:22 pm

I agree, this is a fantastic idea. Reddit is exactly the right target audience for this type of thing, and the "Ask Me Anything" (AMA) threads get a great deal of attention. If it was possible to get at least Al to do an AMA, I'd wager it would become a popular thread very quickly. Al and the rest of the team would have to be willing to answer the random questions that are voted up and not just plug the project, though there would be ample opportunity to put in a shameless plug or three.

This kind of social media exposure is a large part of what got Double Fine the response they had; I think you'd see similar enthusiasm for this project. With Reddit you have a community largely composed of 20- and 30-somethings with nostalgia for classic games and a willingness to support projects they find interesting. I think you'd have to be crazy not to try to tap into that.

jeannettelee

PostTue Apr 10, 2012 8:39 am

Hi Everyone!

This is a super great idea! We're trying to work out the details on how to get Al set up for an AMA on Reddit. Hopefully, we can do one some time this week. I'll post back again letting you know when it's scheduled to go down.

Thanks for the cool idea guys!

cybersniff2000

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 2:44 am

I tried posting about Larry on Reddit, but the thread went no where. An AMA with Al, or anyone from Replay, could work out a LOT better than my shoddy attempt, though!

jeannettelee

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 8:33 am

Hi again!

Hope you guys are ready for fun, Al Lowe is going to do an AMA on reddit this Friday (the 13th) at 6pm pacific time.

We've told the moderators to expect us, so now feel free to spread the word! Friday night! It's a party!

Insedeel

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 2:21 pm

Big thumbs up Al for the AMA, can't wait!

Askre

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 3:37 pm

WHOO HOO, wait *does the time difference calculations* oh well I don't need to sleep anway. I stayed up for the Oscars, I'll stay up for this :D
Confusing the heck out of the world since 1983.

jfrisby

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 6:49 pm

It'd be really awesome if Paul and Josh M. were also answering questions there -- don't really know how that would work with the IAMA format, but it might help Al answer some of the more interesting questions.

And Friday night? Really? Oh, I guess I'm not busy... :)

MrOslo

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 9:10 am

I think Paul said in his update video that he and Josh are going to be there as well. Looking forward to it!
☜☆☞ MEMBER OF THE KICKSTARTER 69'ERS AND LARRY'S PERFECT 10 ☜☆☞
Next

Return to Suggestions for getting the word out